Any student who meets the qualifications of the specific organization may audition. Auditions for the various organizations are generally held during the first week of the fall term in Craig Hall and are open to all students, regardless of their major. Participating students may elect to register for zero credit. Majors should register for zero credit.
- A Cappella Choir is a select group of singers that makes frequent concert appearances and tours; all types of music are included in its repertoire but special emphasis is placed on sacred music. All registration is for S/W only, non-credit.
- Chorale provides an opportunity for students to participate in a choral ensemble regardless of past experience and membership ranges from music major to choral novice. The Chorale builds upon the students’ enthusiasm for choral singing and a willingness to develop musical skills. Previous experience is helpful. An audition is required for placement.
- Concert Band is a new large ensemble organized to play the standard concert band repertoire and will perform on and off campus at least once a semester. All percussion, brass, and woodwind players with high school experience are encouraged to audition.
- Jazz Ensemble consists of one full 20-piece Big Band as well as small combos that perform both standard and contemporary literature. Regularly scheduled appearances throughout the year include those on campus and at various area colleges and high schools, providing valuable solo and ensemble performance experience to anyone interested in this medium.
- ‘Roo Band – ‘Roo Band is the official pep band for AC and performs at home football games, select basketball games, campus and community events.
- Sherman Symphony Orchestra, sponsored jointly by the College and Sherman Musical Art, Inc., is a volunteer and professional organization of approximately 65 members, which performs works from the standard classical orchestral repertoire.
- Woodwind, Brass, and String Ensembles consist of performing groups ranging in size from three to ten players which specialize in chamber music from Baroque through contemporary periods. The standard, as well as lesser-known works for each medium are covered, stressing ensemble techniques and performance practices appropriate for the period under consideration. Several on-campus and off-campus recitals are given each year, including guest appearances at other colleges and universities.